Medical Assistant Apprenticeship Program - UnityPoint Health - Meriter
The Medical Assistant (MA) Apprenticeship Program is a paid training program designed for internal and external applicants. You will be compensated at $17/hour in addition to the training program being free of cost to you. This program provides the needed training to become a Certified Medical Assistant and a foot in the door to a lasting and fulfilling career at UnityPoint Health – Meriter!
You will complete the following courses that will make you eligible to sit for the Medical Assistant Certification Examination (CCMA) through the National Healthcare Association (NHA).
Tuition for the program is 100% covered by UnityPoint Health - Meriter. This program will also cover the cost for you to sit for 1 attempt at the Medical Assistant Certification Examination. Additional expenses, such as transportation to clinics for clinical requirements, are not covered as part of this program. We will provide you with textbooks, laboratory materials, instructional resources, and academic support and tutorial services.
Once you have successfully completed the program you will then apply as an internal candidate to open MA positions that are available.
- Applications open 1/2/2023 and close 2/3/2023
- Notification of acceptance into program the week of 2/21/2023
- First day of Classes 3/13/2023
* Please note these classes will be a hybrid of both online (virtual) and in-person instruction.
- Digital Literacy for Healthcare
- Human Body in Health and Disease
- Medical Office Insurance and Finance
- Medical Terminology
- Pharmacology for Allied Health
- Medical Law, Ethics, and Professionalism
- MA Administrative Procedures
- MA Clinical Procedures I
- MA Clinical Procedures II
- MA Laboratory Procedures I
- MA Laboratory Procedures II
- Medical Assistant Practicum
How to ApplyComplete the application process and be sure to upload your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are wanting to pursue a career as a Medical Assistant. It is your responsibility to make sure that all required application materials are included in the online application and received by the deadline, February 3, 2023.
Have additional questions? Reach out to Madeline Tonstad, Recruitment partner
Completed application material includes:
- Online Application completed
- Resume (uploaded into online application)
- Cover Letter stating why you want to purse a career as Medical Assistant
Deadline: February 3, 2023 - We will not consider incomplete applications or those submitted after the deadline.
Eligibility: Open to anyone with a High School Diploma (or equivalent) and a strong passion for helping others!